Wednesday, January 5, 2011

January 5, 2011

I love this little baby bracelet. It belonged to my father. My grandmother relayed to me that this was the bracelet he wore in the hospital he was born in, in California in 1941. This is much cuter than the standard variety we give out today. I tried to do a little bit of research on the company listed on the box, Slavick's Los Angeles. I dug and dug and couldn't find too much. There were a couple of things I did discover. Apparently the company was founded in 1917 and was quite famous in Los Angeles. They were sold to Zales in 1964. I'm just glad I still have the bracelet and the box it came in!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment


About Me

My photo
I'm a wife, a mom, a registered nurse, and a Mormon. These are the musings of my life.

Followers